ADT was originally registered as Assynt Community Association (ACA), a charitable company registered as a charity in 20 August 1975 (SC015208) and incorporated as a Private Company Limited by Guarantee in 2 June 2010 (Company number SC379557).
ADT was granted a Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name for its present name, Assynt Development Trust Limited on 4th May 2018, with modified article with purpose to principally benefit the community of the parish of Assynt which comprises the Assynt Community Council area (“the Community”) with the following objects:
- the advancement of education;
- the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science;
- the advancement of public participation in sport;
- the provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities,
- with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended;
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement; and
- the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
The Assynt Community Association was originally founded in the 1950’s, and structured with representation from all the communities of Assynt.
The present directors are:
- Willie Jack (Chair)
- Nigel Goldie (Vice Chair)
- Marianne Hunter Hutchison
- Boyd Hart-Alexander
- Sarah-Ann MacLeod
- Edwin de Jong (Treasurer)
Membership of the Charity is open to any individual or organisation interested in promoting the Associations purpose, who applies to the Charity in the membership form, and is approved by the Directors. If you would like to join please access our Join ADT page.